Friday, January 29, 2010

Today I woke up like any other day and began work on No Excuses stuff. I skipped breakfast (like I sometimes do) even though I hate to do that. It got to be lunchtime and my CPC called ahead to say he was coming home and he would bring home lunch. I asked him to bring home EPT pregnancy test since I was about a week late and fresh out of my well stocked pregnancy test collection. I'd taken a test over a week ago (way too soon as usual). I decided not to take one again since Feb 1st marked the 1 year anniversary of us trying to conceive our Ruby Red Boot-ies Baby. So, we had lunch (chicken and dumplings that our good friend made) and a side of steamed brocolli with balsamic vinegarette and olive oil. Yum. So, after a lunch break from work with CPC and a competitive game of Wii Bowling (which I won, by the way)...CPC went back to work and I returned to my home "office" (1 of 3 current bedrooms in our house). After a strong willed 5 minutes of working I began to deliberate on whether to go ahead and take a pregnancy test or wait for the "morning". Curiosity and reasoning got the best of me and I decided this: I will take it now and if it is negative as I assume it will be then I will blame it on the fact that I took it in the middle of the afternoon instead of in the morning as recommended. Alas...pregnancy test procedure (CPC actually is starting to believe I enjoy the tinkle on a stick thing). Not 3 seconds past and to my absolute shock.... a plus sign.... holy smokes.. no way... Many thoughts started going through my head.. had my LASIK surgery worked? Was I going blind? Had I gone mad and began to imagine things? I reached for the EPT directions (English on the Front, Spanish on the back)... thank God I am bilingual because I opened them to the spanish side in complete shock and shake (where your hands shake uncontrollably).... if only I could read upside down this would've worked.... so, I turned right side up and saw the + sign and the word "Embarazara" underneath it. I knew... from my many years of nannies, spanish, and bilingual family members this indeed mean't PREGNANT. BUT, I had to be sure... I turned the instructions around to the english side and yes, + mean't pregnant...I said a loud prayer "THANK YOU LORD!" I made a mad dash for my cell phone, instant messaged CPC to "Come home quick, my shoelace got stuck in the treadmill and I broke my toe".... it's the best I could do for a story that would sound urgent enough to interrupt his afternoon work schedule. NO answer. I called twice. No answer. I called the office and at last.. an answer... in my most calm voice "Uh, Hi B, um is Justin there?" Yes.. hold please.... I made a fake crying sound (where on earth was this coming from!?) and told CPC my toe was definitely broken and I needed him to come home NOW. So, he asked if I was seriouos (of course I am serious, don't I sound serious!?!?!?!?).... he was on his way home.




*In the mean time* I searched for the camera, the two baby hoodies (One Texas Tech and one UNT for our respective almamaters) that I couldn't resist purchasing a couple of months ago at the Junior League Merry Market Place, turned on the video camera and put jeans on (no shoes). I sat in the living room on the couch next to the pillow that was always there that said "FAITH" with my little collegiate baby tabogans and the + pregnancy test which in retrospect might have been a bit repulsive. I sat and waited or CPC to barge into the door. And, he did... he was in the door and headed to save Ruby Red Boots from the murderous treadmil that had broken my toe... I said "Hey!"... from the couch... realizing that the jeans with no shoes was not a believable work out outfit.... "Look!"... pointed to tabogans and test... he was sooo beautifully shocked.



He had an alpha male, George of the Jungle look and a pep in his step and said, "I'm 'DA MAN'!"... well he corrected himself, "I'm the man through God"....



This is our story.. and so it begins...

1 comment:

  1. I love it!!!! I was waiting for you to update your blog!!! Not that I didn't know all this, but you know I have to have things repeated to me several times!!!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete