Monday, November 16, 2009

Following the "yellow brick road"...

Here’s a pretense to my life as it is now...listen carefully because I’m only going to bore you with it once. I graduated from college with a degree that incorporated business and psychology all into one. I was set! I’d learned the art of business AND I knew the art of deciphering every last movement that anyone could make. I immediately leased a beautiful spacious high rise apartment on the 11th floor, my view was of the City Skyline and I was walking distance from the sports arena, boutiques, a beautiful running trail (with lots ‘o lots of single people). I loved my job which was also on the 11th floor of a different high rise a hop skip and a jump away from a 4 story mall-tropolis! Yes, we’ve arrived….



Then, one day I had lunch with my friend…we’ll call her Life Changer for the purpose of this story. She listened to me babble about an attorney I was casually (very casually dating) at the time. I had vowed to never marry an attorney because they seemed to think they knew it all… and that was not compatible with my personality who also “knows it all”. My Daddy is an attorney and I love him dearly… but I was not about to marry another one. So, without further listening, Life Changer suggested I go on a date with a different attorney! She warned he was from a small town… I said that’s no big whipper snappin’ deal… it will be fun to meet someone new and a great place to visit on the weekends! I gave her permission to give Country Prince Charming my phone number and he called that day! Not only did he call, but he called with his Mom in the car. How sweet is that? He asked when we could meet… and in my most Southern drawl… I said, “Immediately!”… The small town accent was to DIE FOR! So, we met, we had a whirlwind engagement (8 months), we married… and I landed in a town of population 307-on a good day. These are the tales of hunting in heels, searching for salmon and sushi, making my own "Starbucks Coffee",commuting for civilization, and learning to love the country. I just follow the yellow brick road…

No comments:

Post a Comment