Tuesday, November 17, 2009

My village is great!

My sweet friend, owner of Hidden Key Designs (www.hiddenkeydesigns.com) was inspired by my first blog entry yesterday and drew up this cute logo for Ruby Red Boots. By the way, Hidden Key Designs does almost all of my graphic design work including custom holiday cards and invitations. She is truly fabulously talented. Now…back to my logo…she said it encompasses me…apparently she knows I love shopping…even in the Country (or anywhere I can get my hands and credit card to work together in effort for the greater good of me).

In the city, you shop, people pretend to know you and they pretend to like you right until after you swipe the card and walk out of the door. Sure, the variety of offerings can be better, but the personalized service in a small town is second to none.

Today I shopped for a friend of mine’s birthday and for her daughter. First I went to the local Spa which also includes a super cute baby boutique (we country folks multi-task!). The sweet spa owner advised me that my friend had not yet purchased this particular outfit for her daughter (perks of a small town and every one knowing every one). Next, I went to the local women’s boutique (also a Merle Norman)…the darling ladies there helped me pick out my friend’s birthday present (they knew her size, style preferences, and whether or not she’d been given this gift at her birthday party last Thursday). So, the moral of the story is… it takes a village to raise a child-the wonderful woman who own these fine establishments are the village and I am the child.

No comments:

Post a Comment