Monday, November 30, 2009

Sweet November

November brings cold weather, apple cider, Thanksgiving Dinner, a reminder of things to be thankful for, beautiful leaves, and chaos… don’t forget the chaos. So, here’s a snapshot of my November. First, my company, No Excuses Introductions and Concierge www.noexcusestexas.com (yes, I just plugged my company)… was featured in Envy Magazine Dallas. The folks at envymags.com were super generous to print a feature on the biz. For those of you who don’t know, we do introductions (all moral kinds) and we do concierge work (all moral kinds)….we plan tailgates, we plan birthday parties, weddings, etc. and most fun-ly (yes, that’s a new word)…we help people find their match… I love that side of the company!


Next, I hosted my first Thanksgiving at our house on the hill. CPC and I have been married over a year now, but, last year was way too soon to start the hosting… I had the newlywed excuse. This year, I put on my cutest apron, grabbed my parentals and took a stab at making the feast. On the menu my Dad and Me 6 Cheese Mac and Cheese, Mom’s delicious stuffing (from Food and Wine magazine), ham from the delicious Ranch House in my hometown, salad with pears, and yams, squash, and assorted casserole that my MIL (Mother-In-Law) was so gracious to bring over. Oh, and yummy desserts: Tres Leches Cake, pumpkin pie, chocolate chip cookie pie, and a bundt cake (more on these later). I decorated the table with this cute pear name place idea I found online and some other random things I compiled throughout the month. It was fun to use our new dining room set (we bought it from a lady who had it in her family for over 100 years (it was her grandma’s, her mom’s and then hers and she was 74ish…it came with a buffet table and another great piece. We rode 4 wheelers out through our land and enjoyed family. Here are some photos from hosting our first thanksgiving on the hill…CPC cleaned the pots as we dirtied them—and he made sure our guests were entertained…he’s the best!





So, we put up our Christmas tree about a week before thanksgiving because I had a No Excuses Event the Saturday after turkey day and I was afraid the tree wouldn’t get its fair 40 days of shining if I didn’t put it up early. So, enjoyed the fun night of putting up the tree with CPC and Co Co Chanel Mademoiselle…we did the hot chocolate, Christmas music and etc.---a good friend of mine said, “Couples who decorate together, stay together.” Oh, Sweet November


This is are feature in Envy Magazine:





This is Envy Magazine:



These are pictures from Thanksgiving at my house:


My peeps that were present... missing older brother and sil (sis in law)


CPC and his mom and grandma

CoCo and FIL (father-in-law)


Put the girls to work on No Excuses things




Caught with food in my mouth...


Turkey day window scene


These are pictures of our Christmas tree-'O Christmas Tree, 'O Christmas Tree!...



CPC and I met at a place called "Dragonfly"

Love Peacocks and their beautiful feathers...

Good bye, Sweet November...

2 comments: