Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Huntin' in heels...

Okay, I didn’t actually hunt in heels, although, I really considered it. It’s all about the picture afterwards. What could be cuter than a pair of hot pink heels with my old Seven Jeans from the year 2000 (many holes), and an awesome camo jacket with pink embroidery? CPC (Country Prince Charming) said, “Absolutely not.” You see, he’s an avid hunter, the kind that could sit in a deer blind for days on end and survive on water, beer, and deer jerky from last season’s kill. I’m positive that if he had not realized the possibilities of becoming a lawyer that he absolutely would have been satisfied living in a deer blind (one with Dish Network, of course!)…



Anyway, the night before our BIG HUNT was scheduled (Last Wednesday/Veteran’s Day), I packed my “hunting bag” which is truly less elaborate than any bag I pack for travelling…I promise. This bag had camo gloves, my Feng Shui book, an US Weekly, lip gloss, make up, a camera, Blackberry, bottled water, pretzels, sunglasses, and ear muffs (just in case). I was all ready to go. Luckily, CPC packed all the things that are actually “necessary” for the hunt. ALL RISE AT 5 AM! This is a serious command from CPC for he despises tardiness…anywhere. We were on the road to the lease and set to arrive at 6:00 AM. Sun comes up, I doze off for approximately 3 minutes (until CPC noticed my lack of discipline). We saw a 4 point and then NOTHING. After 3 hours of nothing, we went home to rest up for the Evening Hunt.


((Time Elapsed))


The evening time was much livelier. We saw a 4 point, a 6 point, and a couple of does. Ohhhh the suspense of not being able to shoot everything I saw. THEN…we saw “supper”! About 150 yards away…there he was! We waited to see if he was a “shooter” which in Girl Terms means “something with antlers big enough to be considered worth your time and bullet!” HE WAS! So, I aimed the gun, and CPC made me sit there with the deer in my scope for what seemed like eternity. He wanted to make sure I had a good shot. “I had a good shot from the second I laid eyes on that thing!” …. “Hold on,” he whispered. Like with most things, I want what I want and I want it now! BOOM! A shot…and, “Oh no! I missed it!”


…..nope, A shoot and a kill. Sorry, Bambi lovers… dinner is served. What a good little housewife I am!






Darling CPC cleaned the deer (I like to hunt and shoot…not clean!) Meanwhile, I put on some make up and lip gloss and perfume (I had been banned from showering for 1.5 days before the hunt)…alas, picture perfect. We snapped some photos and hurried back into town. We had to hurry so that we wouldn’t be late to a dinner party for our friends’ birthdays. There we arrived, dirty, in camo, with deer in tow for a nice sit down dinner. I even offered to bring in “Supper”!


Next time, I want an elk and I will make another attempt to hunt in heels…

3 comments:

  1. Nothing more attractive than you and a GUN!!!!! Now that I'm thinking about it.. these would look FANTASTIC on a Christmas Card ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'll appreciate the fact (from another city-girl-turned country girl) that on my first hunt (and subsequent kill), I was wearing a nice pair of spangly earrings and, of course, lip gloss. Every time my husband pulls out the pic, he LHAO. I already have the earrings picked out for my next hunting trip. :)

    ReplyDelete